El Convento Retreat is available for hire by teachers and group leader’s for workshops and seminars.
El Convento has many years experience of running yoga retreats and hiring the venue. Available for all retreats which respect humanity and nature i.e. yoga and meditation, Pilate's, art, creative writing, walking.
Open from June to October. A group size of 15 students is ideal. Plus teacher who comes free.
Five eco casitas, all sleep 2 persons. Selection of builds, straw bail, adobe brick and 3 wooden casitas. Solar electricity. They come with bed bases, mattresses, pillows, duvets and sheets. 6 Bell Tents. 1 or 2 persons. 5 meters in diameter. Equipped with floor covering, mattress’s and bases, and all bedding.
The resident chef provides healthy, inspiring, vegetarian, cuisine, organic and locally sourced. We cater for gluten free, vegan and intolerance's. Coffee and teas available.
• Pure spring water and totally off grid.
• 10m x 11m Shaded Roof Terrace.
• Swimming Pool.
• Main Communal Terrace. Dining and shaded chill out space. Seating for 16.
• Indoor Yoga Shala in the old monastery.
• Sunrise Terrace. Shaded. Ideal for seminars, relaxing and the view.
• Chill Out Hut. A shaded decked area for intimate group gatherings.
• Yoga Platform. Suited for small practice groups or personal retreat space.
• 3 Bathrooms. 2 with compost toilet and 1 conventional water flush toilet.
• 1 indoor shower and 2 private outdoor showers in beautiful nature.
Transfers & Day Trips
Malaga Airport is 70 minutes from our local village of El Burgo (easily reached by coach).
We can organize 2 day trips.
The first is Picnic Lunch by the river. Travel within the National Park by Landrover to the cleanest spring fed river in Andalucia. Superb nature swim surrounded by flowers and beauty and then picnic lunch and relaxing.
The second trip is to the world famous Ronda the historical capital of the mountains. Only 30 minutes drive from El Burgo through the Sierra de Las Nieves. Superb for shopping, sightseeing , restaurants and culture.
We can arrange for highly qualified treatments in the former monastery, including traditional massage, cranial-sacro therapy and Inner Child Emotional work.
Flights. Transfer to and from local village to the retreat centre. Assistance and service provided.
Personal insurance (visitors are guests to a private home and as such need to arrange personal insurance).
For full details and cost email : firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form to the right.